WHAT COULD THE CLICKING NOISE BE ? SEE DETAILS THANK YOU

1999 Honda Civic • 160,000 miles

I replaced the timing belt in a 1999 honda civic ex sohv a clicking sound seems to be coming from the distributor what could this be very puzzeled? The car did start and drove ok
Fixer2

Remove the distributor cap and see if anything is loose or broken.

The clickimg wasnt there until I changed the timing belt. I checked the noise with a stethoscope and it seems to be more prominent where the distributor enters the side of the engine. Thanks

Fixer2
Did you have the distributor out? You should not have to remove it for this service. Did you take off the cap as I suggested?

No, I didn't remove the distributor. I also checked as you suggested and found nothing loose. Took the vehicle for a long ride and when accelerating the engine bucks.

Fixer2
How long has it been since you replaced the plugs, wires, cap and rotor?

Complete tuneup was done in May. The problem just developed after I changed the timing belt.

Fixer2
I know, you mentioned it but if it is coming from the distributor side, thats where I am trying to concentrate.

Anyway, I would remove the top cover again and see if there is anything loose or floating around.

I ended going back into the timing belt. I didnt tighten the belt properly with the belt tensioner. It was real loose corrected issue all aok. Thank you so much with your time.

Fixer2