TIMING BELT/DRIVE BELT

1999 Honda Accord • 0.5L 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 140,534 miles

I'm having trouble figuring out why my Honda accords belts came loose. How much will it be to fix this problem? It started squeaking, and I turned it off. I turned it back on again and it started squeaking even louder and then shut down. What was wrong with my car?
HalleMercado93

I cant answer that question unless I know what went bad?Did you belt tenisor fail?

I honestly don't even know what went bad. But I do see that the crankshaft pulley is now loose. The belts didn't break but did come off.

HalleMercado93
Those crank bolts holding on the crankshaft pulleys are extremely tight. So whats loose the bolts or the pulley itself.

I can't see clearly but I think it's the crankshaft pulley itself, I can wiggle it with my hand. I'm not sure where the bolts are

HalleMercado93
There is one belt dead center of the pulley that holds it on.

The pulley is loose the belts are completely off.

HalleMercado93
Alright still doesnt tell me if the center bolt is loose or the crankshaft pulley is broken?Also if the tesioner pulley failed. So is something you were going to fix or have a shop repair?If the shop is going to repair it you will have to have it towed to the shop.

The crankshaft pulley is loose, and I wanna know how much a repair would be if it were to be done by a mechanic

HalleMercado93
So is the bolt loose or the pulley broken/coming apart?Also is anything else wrong with the pulleys?Whats your zip code?

I can't see if the bolt is loose I haven't been able to do anything with my car becuz I don't have a jack or something to take the tire off to get a better look. I can't just see from where the good is at. 92253

HalleMercado93
Page 1 of 2