WHAT CAN CAUSE GAS AN OIL TO MIX

1999 GMC Yukon • 290,756 miles

Check oilstick an thers a gas smell in oil truck just stall an now its running ver rough
Srbstn2256

Could have a bad injector allowing fuel into the oil. Either that or a bad fuel pressure regulator. You need this confirmed as the engine miss is a big clue as to what injector may be malfunctioning.

Yes it has a bad mis an it shut off on me the othjer day so is it a DIY job that I can do. So how could I test injectors or regulator

Srbstn2256
You need a fuel pressure testor, voltmeter and test light. If you have never done this before, I suggest letting a shop verify it for you

Got pressure tester an volt meter an have a little mechanic background so tell me how to check it an I would be very greatfull to u so what do I do

Srbstn2256
Turn the key on and see the pressure. Should be around 55-60. Turn the key off and it should remain there or a little lower. If it drops off to 0 then you have a bad injector. By pulling the code for the check light, it will tell you the cylinder for the bad injector.

This is a Vortec engine and the injectors are not accessible from the outside. Beside a leaking injector, it's very common to have a leaking regulator or line that will give you the same result.

Wrenchtech