FORD WINDSTAR ENGINE PROBLEM

1999 Ford Windstar • 6,400 miles

Van drove great. Noticed oil in coolant so recently replaced blown head gasket. Got everything back together and starts up fine. Now no throttle response. Can manuelly trigger to rev enhine but no response to gas pedal. Guy who put engine back together states its most likely computer and just need to get new computer. Is there anything else I should rry before this step? If computer was bad would it still start up and everythibg else working just fine. Was driving with no problems before the head gasket replacement.

It sounds like the throttle cable is out of adjustment if the pedal is not signaling a response from the engine? Follow the cable from the throttlebody to the gas pedal and make sure it is tight. If there is a check engine light, take the van to Autozone or a place similar that will check the code for the check engine light.

Blaze45