REPLACED FUEL PUMP BUT NO FUEL PRESSURE

1999 Ford Taurus • 180,000 miles

Replaced fuel pump, now its not getting fuel pressure. The old pump got hot but car didnt die. It wouldnt start back up untill it cooled down. I checked the fuse and relay prior to replacing fuel pump. I havent listened to see of the pump runs. May it be because its not seated all the way in? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Dennis317

Best to see if the pump is running first, let me know if it is or isn't

Mhpautos
Check power and ground @ the pump

Djcl
No, doesnt seem like its running. I cant hear it making any noise once I turn ignition.

Dennis317
How do I do that? I took down the tank and checked 2 power connectors they seem to be in place. Its a brand new Airtex pump.

Dennis317
You will now have to test for power at the pump, if yes pump or earth for pump if no check pump relay and fuse is fused separately.

Mhpautos
"if yes pump or earth for pump"? Can I disconect all the hoses and leave the pump plugged in to see if it turns on? Otherwise Im not quite sure what youre meaning.

Dennis317
If you do that run a short length of hose into a container, safer that way.

Mhpautos
Okay thanks. Ill do that in the morning and will get back with you. So if the pump does work what should I be looking to troubleshoot next?

Dennis317
If the pump works you will need a fuel pressure gauge to check pressure

Djcl
I took the cap off and pressed on it while the key was in on position. It didnt spray any gas. Then I tried to start it while the cap was off and still no gas sprayed out of it.

Dennis317