99 DOHC OIL LEAK ON THE LEFT SIDE OF ENGINE. IS IT THE REAR SEAL?.

1999 Ford Taurus • 120,000 miles

Oil is getting on the belt causing it to slip making a slight squealing sound and the power steering moans. I've looked around the web for answers, but haven't found anything about oil leaking on the alternator/etc. Belt. Is it the rear seal, or something unique? Please help!
MasonJAr4

Nothing unique. You need a shop to insert a dye in the oil and use an ultra violet light to pin point the leak.
The rear seal is on the back end of the motor.

The power steering went out--quite the work-out parallel parking. So, the fluid in the power steering pump leaked out on the belt slinging it all over making it somewhat hard to tell where the oil is coming from. My friend showed me that the oil leak was not coming from the engine, needless to say I felt just a bit silly. Heading out to the pull yard today after I research any shortcuts/tricks about removing the power steering pump--need a pulley tool, and to move the reservoirs out the way. ^_^

MasonJAr4