FORD TAURUS HEATER PROBLEM

1999 Ford Taurus • 83,000 miles

So my 99 taurus has not been blowing out heat. I have done a lot of research on this and here's what I have tried:

I first had to add coolant as the level in my resevoir was extremely low. After topping off I let the car run for around 15 minutes. I then popped the hood and the level in the resevoir was were I had filled it up to. I checked the upper radiator hose right after the thermosat and it was hot, which made me think the heater core may be clogged. Here is where the confusion comes in. I have heard that if the heater core is clogged that the unlet will be hot and the outlet cold. When I checked it, it turned out to be the opposite (not sure how thats possible).

The hose going from the water pump to the bypass tee is hot. The bypass hose is hot. The outlet hose is hot both before and after the tee at the bypass, BUT the hose from the bypass tee after the water pump to the inlet for the heater core is cold. And there-in lies the problem. How is that possible? I'm thinking that I need to flush the heater core but can't seem to get over how the inlet line is cold and the outlet line is hot.

I'm also not sure if I can rule out the thermostat being the the upper radiator hose is hot.

I also folded down the glove box and tried to check the blend actuator. All I see is the white box and I changed the temp on the control panel with my hand on the box and didn't "feel" anything. Note sure if that's a clear indication of anything, but none-the-less, the inlet being cold and the outlet hot on the heater core definitely doesn't seem normal to me.

So what are your thoughts? Becasue I'm stumped!

Yes, the heater core is clogged. Flush it out with a garden hose and flush it both ways.

Dont worry about the inlet and outlets. Just flush the core.

Does the car overheat?

The blend door motor is a common failure as you should feel the motor working