4X4 LOW LIGHTS BLINK 6 TIMES

1999 Ford Ranger • 215,000 miles

Hi I have a 1999 ford ranger 3.0 v6 flex fuel and the 4x4 wont work the 4x4 hi and 4x4 lo lights blink 6 times every 2 or so min and I replaced the shift motor but nothing I have put the truck in n and tryed to put it in 4 hi and lo but nothing the diff wont even make a noise like it is doing anything idk whats wrong with it
4.7 grand

An error has occurred in the control system and you need to get the trouble codes to find out what could be wrong.

What is the controlle system and how would u get the codes I have a obd like that to use to get the codes or

4.7 grand
Control system means the TCM/PCM etc.

If your code reader has the capabilities, you can plug it in to get the code otherwise you need a scan tool that can do it.

Ok so if this was your truck what could I do or what would u do first to fix this is there any thing I can do with out scannig it or what kind of scaner do I need thank you

4.7 grand
I would not waste my time feeling in the dark looking for a needle in a haystack, get myself a scan done to check for trouble codes.
Most scan tool would work but code readers might not.

Hi ok I fixed my 4x4 it turnt out to be a fuse on the side of the truck I just never thought to look for but I did and fixed it now I have one more prob

so a wile ago my truck was having trouble shifting so I went to replace the sensor on the rear end I replaced it the truck started to shift now my speed odomiter and tac are not working what can I do to get the speed and rpm things to work I looked for blow fues and stuff nothing

4.7 grand
First thing is why did you eplace the sensor? Did you get any trouble code?
For the speedometer and tachometer not working, have you checked for trouble codes?