ENGINE

1999 Ford Ranger

I cleaned the egr valve and I also switched number 2 injector with number 3 but the check engine still said number 2 had misfire so what could be the problem now? Maybe the valve?I've put everything on this truck new and it runs good for a couple days then the check engine light comes on and tells me that number 2 is misfiring and the truck shakes a little.
Barbara1963

This is a 3.0 engine on the 99 ford ranger

Barbara1963
Have you checked the condition of the plug? Coils? Have you checked to see if the compression is good in that cylinder?

YES, I PUT NEW PLUGS, NEW COIL AND THE COMPRESSION IS 99 IN THAT CYLINDER, I DONT UNDERSTAND WHATS WRONG AND WHY IT KEEPS COMING UP THAT NUMBER 2 IS MISFIRE

Barbara1963
99 isn't real high. Have you checked the other cylinders?

I ONLY HAVE THE PROBLEM IN CYLINDER 2 SO I DIDNT SEE THE NEED TO CHECK THE OTHER ONES AND WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD COMPRESSION READING?

Barbara1963
I understand, but all cylinders need to be within 10% of each other. If the others are 140+ it could cause a misfire. I know it sounds crazy. It's just a suggestion.

Also, have you checked to make sure the injector for that cylinder is getting power?

Yes it has power, I even changed injector 2 for injector 3 and it still said misfire on 2

Barbara1963