BLUE SMOKE ISSUE

1999 Ford Ranger • 110,000 miles

After my truck is at running temp for around 20 min and I stop at a light for a minute, or if it idles for a few miutes. When I hit the accelerator it will blow out a puff or sometimes a cloud of blueish smoke. The longer its been running the more it will puff out when I takeoff. It never smokes otherwise.

this time last year I replaced the heads and all the workings inside cause they cracked. So I know its not valves or the head gasket. I replaced the PCV valve today and it runs alot better but it still smokes when I leave a stop light/sign. Its not as bad as it was before I replaced the PCV valve tho. Im out of ideas as to whats wrong? The check engine light comes on after being on the highway for a while. My father has a code reader and he said the O2 sensor was slow to respond and its running lean. But no performance issues (yet).

its a stock 99 ford ranger xlt. V6 4.0 OHV. It dose burn a very small amount of oil between changes. About a half quart. It runs excelent besides the small smoke puffs and the check engine light.
Wartpigx

Proberbly some ring degeneration, I would get a leak down test to get an indication as to piston ring condition.

Mhpautos
Ok. Will do. I only drive it about once a week and the top half rebuild was only 2500 miles ago. Gonna suck if I missed the rings when we went through it.

Wartpigx
Doing a top end only can often cause oil burning on cars with some time on the engine, the leak down test will show any ring problem.

Mhpautos
Everything came back fine. Im gonna try putting in some different oil.

Wartpigx
If you do this make sure that you use a mineral based oil.

Mhpautos