I HAVE A SLIGHT CLICKING NOISE COMING FROM THE FRONT RIGHT WHEEL AND IT GET LOUDER WHEN I TURN LEFT AND STOPS WHEN I TURN RIGHT IT DOESN'T DOWHEN IDLE

1999 Ford Falcon • 290,000 miles

Ford falcon 99 au. I've checked all suspension, front axle parts and brakes it all seem in good order but the bushes on the stabiliser bar link bushes are a little worn but dont seem to be causing any problems. I must be missing something I have just been reading my gregorys falcon book as I am on new at this

Gavin 01234

This is almost always caused by bad CV joints in the front axles. Sometimes you can't tell they are bad by looking at them. If the cv boots are torn or are leaking grease then they need to be replaced anyway.

Promechanic
Cheers mate 4 ansewering when u say cv joints. Is that the upper and lower control arms ball joints if so is it hard to replace my self. Thanks again

Gavin 01234
The CV joints are part of the front axle. When you look under your car you will see two axle shafts (long round tubes) that go from the transmission to the tires. These axle shafts have two joints on each one that are covered by a rubber boot. When they start going bad they make a clicking noise.
This is a pretty tough job and I don't think I would recommend trying it yourself unless you have a good set of tools and a good bit of mechanical experience.

Promechanic
Hey mate ive been back under the car and yeah I think thats is the problem it has a slight leak. But in my book its called the steering gear. It's where the rack joins to a rubber boot which is attached to a tie rod. I've been underneath and the steering gear when grabed it dont make any noise or clunking. Do think this could be the problem

Gavin 01234
The steering gear is different than the cv joints and axle. The axles go into the center of the rim of the tire.

Promechanic
Au Falcons are rear wheel drive this is an Australian version, often if it is not a rotating constant noise it will be a sway bar "D" bush, very common, to check lower ball joint jack body up (not under control arm) and lift wheel with some effort you will see movement if ball joint is worn, uppers you and test in same way but, also you can often see movement if you rock wheel in and out as well, if it is a rotating type noise, check wheel bearings as well, let me know what you find.

Mhpautos