FORD F-250 FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM

1999 Ford F-250 • 170,000 miles

My truck is a f250 extended cab with the 5.4 triton v8.I am having problems with my truck cutting out on me while I'm driving it. It has a slight mist to it while idling. I have check all coil packs and injectors and they are fine. Fuel filter is brand, just changed it. So I'm thinking fuel pump is going bad. Can you tell me what the fuel pressure would be when running normal.

The idling fuel pressure is 28-45 pounds, something I may suggest, the 5.4 triton was common for vacumn leaks, hoses, intake runners, brake vac. Booster and such. This will also cause a slight miss at idle, also check egr valve for leaking. Spark plugs on high mileage engine can also cause problems like this. If determined to be plugs, be very careful as they are know to break of in cyl. Head and will require specials tools to get them out. Thanks

Mekanic4755