IGNITION TROUBLE

1999 Ford F-250 • 99,999 miles

1999 Ford F250: Initially, the key would not turn. Starter switch was removed. Tried to start truck with a screwdriver. Truck will turn over, but not start. We think it is something with the security system. Is there a way to bypass this or some other solution? This is a regular key, not one that shows a visible chip.
CaroleM

Is the security light on?

Yes, the security light is on and blinking.

CaroleM
Is there a cylinder your turning or is the ignition cylinder out of it?

Also is it a super duty or regular F250?

Check out the info I posted says it uses a coded key so wont start with a screwdriver. You will have to replace the ignition cylinder and relearn the new key.

@saturntech9
"Is there a cylinder your turning or is the ignition cylinder out of it?"

The cylinder is out.

"Also is it a super duty or regular F250?"

A regular F250.

Thanks so much for your time!

CaroleM
Read above what I posted you need a new cylinder to make it start.

Ck for fuel pressure and spark

Cadieman
I think you're right about the cylinder and then the key will have to be re-programed or a new key and new programming?

CaroleM
Please read above cadieman they are trying to start it without a key or cylinder the security light is on.I also posted above that this truck uses a coded key to start it so a screwdriver isnt going to start it. So checking fuel pressure is useless at this point. Dont you agree?

Page 1 of 2