FORD EXPLORER DOOR PROBLEM

1999 Ford Explorer • 19,900 miles

I have a major issue with my heat and it's taken down three mechanics already. Nobody can seem to figure it out. Any help from an experienced person would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 1999 ford explorer limited, v8, with automatic heat controls and I only have cold air. Long story short, the signal isn't getting to the blend door actuator which in turn can't close the blend door.

Does anybody know know what next to replace?

Thank you
Fightfair99

Not until the failure is determined.

What have the other guys done?

The hvac control unit sends signals to the blend door motors when info recieved demands it. The ambient temp sensor, coolant temp and many other factors are involved.

A shop with a scan tool can look in the system for faults.

The first mechanic thought it was the thermostat as when I lived in florida the local shop "florida-ized" the car by changing the thermostat and putting in a larger radiator. Now the thermostat and the gauge are working great with a good flush done as well.

The 2nd guy thought it was the temp control valve but then said it wasn't and it was the actuator.

3rd guy thought it was the temp control panel. Still no heat

Is there something else a Florida mechanic would do to keep the blend door from closing like a fuse or something?

Fightfair99
Nope. You need someone more experienced with this system. It is a complicated system but with a scan tool and a good tech, they will get to the bottom of it.

I think you have a bad blend door actuator. To confirm it, it needs to be moved manually to verify it can get heat.

You will need to replace the AC programmer. The motor that controls the linkages probably is not working. On the right side you will see the leakage that goes to the door still the AC programmer. Just remove it and replace it. It's not over by the glovebox. Area. Think to

Cadieman
I'm having a fight with my computer today. The ac programmer controls the door.
You will have to replaced that to get the door to operate right. Good luck will be here if you need us

Cadieman
I would suspect a bad blend door actuator, it is a very common issue for these trucks, I do 6-8 of the a year. Do you hear any type of clicking noise from under the dash?As already stated, a competent and well equiped tech should be able to get to the route cause whatever it may be.

Homer1967