ENGINE COOLING FAN RUNNING CONSTANTLY WHEN IGNITION IS ON OR ENGINE RUNNING (EVEN WHEN COLD)

1999 Ford Escort • 105,000 miles

I made the mistake of accidentally piercing through a wire bunch, which put in contact a black wire directly connected to the battery's positive post and a red wire going to the black box with big fuses in the left part of the engine compartment. I don't know what this red wires powers. Engine runs OK but fan keeps running all the time. I checked the wires, separated and isolated them with tape so they wouldn't touch anymore. I did that BEFORE starting the engine after the piercing incident. It did not have this problem before.
Pagjac

You shorted something to power. Double check to see if you can find the wiring that was damaged. I feel power is being supplied to the relay or directly to the fan.

I did a more complete search and identified the wire that was shorted to power. It's a red wire that subdivise in three before going into the black fuse box. The three red wires go like this: one to a 10 amps fuse (left light) one to another 10 amps fuse (right light) and the black relay identified as "Head" (headlight I suppose. No other wire has been shorted.

Pagjac