DODGE RAM SQUEAKING PROBLEM

1999 Dodge Ram • 69,550 miles

Trying to figure out why my 1999 dodge ram 1500 5.2 is stalling and my belt is squeaking. Sprayed the A/C pump it stopped squeaking for a few seconds and then started again so I got the shorter belt without A/C and sprayed the power steering pulley and it stopped but then began again. Also when I go to stop at a stop sign or light it stall. It doesnt do it everytime. What could this be? Recently changed the water pump and thermostat as well

Was the battery recently disconnected or run dead? If so, the Engine Computer has to relearn "minimum throttle" before it will know when it must be in control of idle speed. For the belt squeal, don't spray anything on it that won't evaporate. No lubricants. No dressings, etc. If there's any of those on it, scrub the pulleys to remove it and replace the belt. Check the spring-loaded tensioner to be sure it's putting tension on the belt. If it is, check the pulley alignment. If the belt is made to walk off-center by as little as 1/16" from a pulley being tipped, that will set up a squeal that will temporarily go away or get worse when sprayed with something. The belt slides across a tipped pulley as it goes around it.