DODGE RAM STARTER PROBLEM

1999 Dodge Ram

I just stumbled across this page trying to fix a truck.

I just got this truck, its a 1999 ram 1500 4x4 5.9L. The starters was off of the truck when I got it, I was going to put a starter on it but the wiring isnt the same as on either of my 96 model rams. The 99 has one wire thats the battery to the starter, the other is the low voltage to the solenoid I believe, it has a plug rather than a bolt on connection. Both the 96s have the same 5.9L, and they both just have one wire to starter one to solenoid. Am I missing something? Lol
Thanks in advance
Ron
Roningle

I looked at the starters for both years, the electrical connections are different, don't know why? I looked at starter wiring diagrams for both years, basically the same. I'm not sure I answered your question?

Yeah I think ya did, now I have to find a starter that has the plug so I can buy one. Wonder if I cut the plug off and put a terminal end on it and use the starter I have.
Thanks for the quick reply

Roningle
I don't see why not, but, I can't see much from here? I hate to see you rig it and then find out it won't work. I guess that is your decision.