DODGE RAM CHOKE PROBLEM

1999 Dodge Ram • 170,000 miles

My 99 Dodge ram 5.9 has a really bad idle I have done the following plugs wires rotor and cap coil IAC tps injectors and fuel pump no check engine lite what elts could it be eny help would be great I am going to do 02 sensors next and go from there
Hudson89

Scan for codes and check fuelpressure first clean throttle plate on both sides as well as iac holewith choke cleaner. Check for vacuum leaks with choke cleaner

Fuel is 45 has no codes and I replaced the upper intake gasket an pleneum gasket and cleaned every thing in the process eney other ideas

Hudson89
Did you clean throttle plate and then spray choke clear around intake for vacuum leaks? Also check egr valve for being partially open or partially clogged as well as holes where it connects

My truck does not have egr I did spray every thing when I replaced the gaskets no leaks only thing I can think ov next is 02 an then heads

Hudson89
Were bolts torqued to 8 Nm then 16 Nm? Which woud l be 72 inchlbs then 144 inch lbs. Try retroqueing the inteake starting form center on both sides working way to ends. That is about the only thing I can think of. You could try shorting out cylinders to find whic one is missing then check injectors for ohms maybe one of those is bad. Or a bad plug/wire etc.

Do you think cam an crank sensor will possibly help? I double checked everything today no leaks plug's are good as well the wires and everything is very clean

Hudson89
You coudl check for resistance but normally thowse two give you trouble after it is warm, because of high resistance. You might try wiggle test at connections as a poor connection can do the same.I wold check resistance on those and if high replace themowever I don'thave any specs so you shold check against new ones. But I imagine if youare getting ohms of 1000 or so that it will be to high.