COIL PACK?

1999 Dodge Durango • 160,000 miles

I have a 1999 Dodge Durango 5.2L 318. I changed the thermostat in it last night, while I was letting the vehicle idle and warm up, it died. Now it will not start up it turns over but will not catch on and crank, it has a good battery and fuel in it. Alot of the places ive looked at online say its the coil pack. What are your thoughts as to why it wont start now?
Ticestephen90

You need to check fuel pressure as it needs around 40 lbs

check for spark. One of them will be missing and then we can proceed

How can I check for spark?

Ticestephen90
Remove a spark plug wire from the plug and use a screw driver inside the wire and hold from the block a little and have someone crank it and look for spark

Oh ok. I had heard from someone that you could do that by unhooking the coil wire from the coil pack and you could check that way? When I checked it there was no spark while someone turned the engine over

Ticestephen90
Ok, no spark at the plug or coil?

If it is the coil, it may be a crank sensor.

If not at plug, check at coil and see. If you do, then look at the cap and rotor for failure