I HAVE A 99 AND IT HAS BEEN MESSING UP EVER SINCE I GOT IT, WHICH WAS BOUT 3 MONTHS AGO. SO FAR THE TIMING BELT HAS BEEN CHANGED AND IGNITION COIL 1 AND 3. IT HAS BEEN MESSING UP AND STALLING AND MY BOYFRIEND SAID SOMETHING BOUT IDLE? HAVE TA

1999 Chrysler LHS • 130,000 miles

Details are listen in question.
NicoleJ2011

What's the question? If it's related to the engine, please state the engine size.

I'm not really sure if it is related to the engine. I do think it has to do with it but it is a V6 engine. I am trying to find out what is wrong with it because it has been looked at numerous times and it seems like the person that looked at it doesnt know what their doing, so I'm trying to find out what is making it stall and its fine once the speed is over 60 but under that speed it feels like it may break down.

NicoleJ2011
I have taken it to advance auto numerous times as well because the check engine light keeps coming on. They have said things like the ignition coil misfire but the first and third one has been changed since then.

NicoleJ2011
It misses and the car has shut off a couple times when sitting at light or stop sign but does cut back on. I hope this can help you help me. Thanks

NicoleJ2011
First of all, autozone people are salesman not technicians. You need a real tech to look at it. You will pay for the diag and it will be worth it put your finger on the exact failure.

What were the code numbers?

Sorry to make you wait. I had to run for spring cleaning supplies.

When it stalls, can you start it right back up or do you have to let it cool down for about half an hour?

Was the battery recently disconnected or run dead?

When you start the engine, you are supposed to get a nice "idle flare-up" to 1500 rpm for a few seconds, then the idle speed will come right back down to normal. Does that happen or does it just barely start and always stay at that low speed?

Do you have the exact diagnostic fault code number(s). If the Check Engine light has been on recently while driving, there will be at least one code in memory. Chrysler makes retrieving those codes real easy. Turn the ignition switch from "off" to "run" three times within five seconds without cranking the engine, leave it in the "run" position, then watch the code numbers as they're displayed in the odometer readout. Holler back with those codes.