CHRYSTLER BRAKE FLUID LEAK

1999 Chrysler Grand Voyager • V8 Manual • 111,000 miles

Hey I have a leak coming from a small module behind the rear wheel which I believe to be brake fluid as brakes have gone soft and fluid under the hood dropping very quickly. Is it safe for me to remove this box and check or replace it myself? I dont want to remove it for fear of causing more damage to the system!

thanks joel
Joel99

Is it attached to the rear backing plate? Is it the wheel cylender?

See diagram is this what is leaking?

Docfixit
Its attached by 2 bolts to a plate. With 2 lines going in, and 2 going out.

Joel99
Can you upload a picture.

Sry 4 the delay its the valve in the above diagram, I have no flash on my camera and cant get enough light to get a decent pic!

Joel99
THe proportioning valve (height sensing) could be leaking or the brake lines going to it. You need to check the brake lines to make sure there are no holes from rust, make sure the fittings are tight, and if there is still a leak, the valve may need replaced. PLEASE NOTE: Chances are it will only get worse. Therefore, I recommend repairs before using the vehicle.

Let me know what you find or if you have other questions.