CHEVROLET SUBURBAN ENGINE PROBLEM

1999 Chevrolet Suburban

I am replacing my chev y 350/190kw motor in my surburban with a new crate motor from EAGLE AUTO SPARES, this is a CFI SYSTEM fitted to my car, my question is what is the manfactuers recomended run in proceedure?

Keep the idle speed up to 1500 rpm for the first 15 - 20 minutes. Oil spray lubricates the lifters and camshaft lobes. Those mating surfaces will wear more in the first few minutes than in the rest of the engine's life if they don't remain flooded with oil. Once those surfaces develop matching wear patterns very little additional wear will take place. The rebuilder will have added a break-in assembly lube to the camshaft lobes. That is a real thick oil that resists being thrown off when the engine is started. There will be an assembly lube on the bearings and cylinder walls too to keep things lubricated until the oil pressure comes up. If the rebuilder started and test-ran the engine the passages will already be full of oil. If they did not you can buy a tool that allows you to drive the oil pump with an electric drill before you install the distributor. Otherwise you can crank the engine with the ignition switch off by bypassing the starter relay long enough to start building oil pressure. That will insure the bearings get lubrication right away.