CHEVROLET SILVERADO GAS PROBLEM

1999 Chevrolet Silverado • 180,000 miles

I have a small oil leak that is obvious on my garage floor. It has been going on for about a year but is a little worse. There are no performance issues but I would like to get it looked at. Curious on possible issues and cost.

It's impossible to do that over a computer. We don't even know which engine you have. You need someone to actually look at it to see what's leaking. It could be as simple as an oil pressure sending unit or leaking valve cover gasket. Could be as serious as a leaking intake manifold gasket. Front main seals can leak too. If it's a real slow leak and everything is wet, your mechanic will wash the area, then add a small bottle of dye to the oil. A day or two later he will search with a black light. The dye will show up as a bright yellow stain that he can follow back to the source.