HOW DO I FIX MY RIGHT TAIL LIGHT

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo • 148,000 miles

When I\'m using my left turn signal then apply my brake I don\'t have brake light right side. It only does it when making left turn. I have brake lights otherwise.
Greg wrench

Have you checked to make sure all the brake and turn signal bulbs are the correct ones?

All lights, turn signals and break lights worked fine before this. I replaced turn arm. It was shorting everything out to where I didnt get break after I used the turn signal. Thats fixed now. I replaced brake switch too. No bulb change ever in two years since I got the car. Everything works fine except that.

Greg wrench
Your going to have to look and see if there are any wires melted or shorted together from the bad turn signal switch.

From under the dash by the break? I haven't seen or smelled anything. I can check again. What about the contacts in the column under the steering lock disc? I didn't replace that when I replaced the turn arm.

Greg wrench
Why dont you check the ground circuit on the right side rear turn signal?It could be stealing the brake light ground causing it to shut off.

OK. If not, do you think it may just be the turn signal switch? In my book it shows one main ground for both sides. I haven't located it yet. There is a ground going into the bulb. I found water in the lense that had come in through the insertion hole. (Bad seal)The bulb still works. All that had been fixed. No bad connection there. I didn't blow it out though. I will check it again. Would a little do it? I will check it.

Greg wrench