CAR WILL NOT START. IF YOU TAKE THE BATTERY CABLE OFF FOR A PERIOD OF TIME, AND REATTACH IT, IT WILL START. NEED HELP.

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier • 120,000 miles

I have replaced the starter, passlock ignition control module and battery. All seems to be getting spark but will not crank when key is turned to the crank position.
wgoode40

Is your security light on?Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?Also any codes?

Antitheft light comes on when key is turned to the on position. No obdII codes present. I do not have a meter. Dont understand why if the battery cable is off for 30min to an hr, it will start when reattached. Could it be the Engine Control Module?

wgoode40
Also, when it does crank, the anti theft light goes out when running

wgoode40
The reason it wont start is because the security light is on it disables the starter. Taking of the battery semi resets it. Most of the time what fails is the ignition cylinder the wire to it breaks. If you had a multimeter we could check some things.