CHEVY LEAKING FRESH OIL OUT BACKSIDE

1999 Chevrolet Camaro • V8 2WD Automatic • 250,000 miles

1999 Chevy Camaro mileage: 250,000. Leaking fresh oil out backside, rear main? Put new "O" ring on distributor. Is the Rear a one piece or two piece, Parts store didn’t know which, one or two piece. This car has been a battle for me since got it. The parts stores don't hear "Canadian" made when specifying. It took three tries to get the right brake cylinders. I want to be sure of the rear main before I tear it apart and leave a mess for days while waiting for the right part. Do you have info for what the process is for doing it? I never tackled this before.
2CarPros-Archives

Before you start to repair oil leaks, a good idea is to clean the engine in the area of the leak. Drive the car and verify what seal or gasket is leaking. Your engine should have a one-piece rear main seal. To change it the transmission and flywheel must be removed first. Not a good idea to try this without proper equipment and training.

2CarPros-Archives