NO POWER TO START

1999 Cadillac Deville

I have a 1999 Cadillac Deville and I tried to start it the other day and it has no power. I can jump start it and it will run. Turn key off and try later and again no power, nothing. Checked battery, alternator and cleaned battery cables. What should I do next?
Christinefrederick

Charge battery and have it load tested.

Check the alternator with it running as it should have 14 to 14.5 running.

We did check alternator while it was running. And it did have a 14.5 while running. It baffles me cuz we checked all the obvious. Anymore suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Christinefrederick
Sounds like you have a bad battery.

ACTUALLY READ "MY ANSWER" IN THIS POST---CLICK ON THE SEVERAL LINKS WITHIN "MY ANSWER" AND READ THEM TOO!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1993-pontiac-grand-wont-start-clicking-relay-lights-gauges-flicker

THIS SAVES ME A LOT OF HUNTING AND PECKING!

RETURN WITH GOOD NEWS OF SOME SORT

Ok charged battery on a charger. My friend came over and he did it for me. Now I have another question lol Where is the fuse for the computer(ECU)? Im suppose to pull it so I can reset it. Yes my friend told me to its his car. I have done this before when I owned my 2001 Olds Alero so I do know a bit bout cars and such. Thanks

Christinefrederick
The fuse should say ECM or ECU make sure after you pull it out to turn the key to the on position for a few minutes before u turn the ignition off an put fuse back in

Matttyw20