WHEEL BEARING LABOR HOURS AND PRICE

1999 Audi A4 • 6 cylinder AWD Manual • 95,000 miles

I have a 99 audi a4 2.8 quattro and I am looking to get my front wheel bearings done and the shop I'm thinking of going to charges 50 per hour, what should the total bill be?
BigAl1985

We don't get involved with prices here because there's way too many variables. The cheapest shop is not necessarily the best value. Something seems wrong if they're only charging $50.00 per hour. Most shops need to charge around $90.00 to $100.00 per hour to cover all their costs and government regulations.

Your car still uses a pressed-in front wheel bearing design which pretty much went away by the late '80s except for a few imports. Those bearings cost a lot less than the newer bolt-on assemblies but the labor is a lot more involved to replace them. On the older Chrysler products one could be replaced in about an hour. Hondas and Fords took longer. Audi never made anything easy to work on so you might expect three to four hours if both bearings are defective. Depending on what has to be taken apart, the car might require an alignment too.