I WENT TO PUSH THE DIPSTICK BACK DOWN

1999 Audi A2 • 4 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 94,000 miles

I was checking the oil in my wife's 1999 Audi A2 last night and when I went to push the dipstick back down the chamber a small 1-2cm plastic piece at the end broke off. I am not sure yet whether the piece is still in the chamber or fallen to the sump. If I can get it from the chamber I will but if I can't and it ends up in the sump will it cause any issues or likely cause any engine trouble. Do I really need to get the sump removed and the piece taken out? Thanks
2CarPros-Archives

I would suggest that you try and get the piece out of the tube if it is in there. If not, drop the oil out of the vehicle and see if the part comes out. If it is not in the tube and you don't find it. Pour in a small amount of oil to push it to the hole and visually look in the drain plug hole to see if you can find it. Grab with a needle nose pliers and get it out.

2CarPros-Archives