HI IM LOOKING AT FITTING SOME LEDS UNDER MY CAR BUT I WANT THE LIGHTS TO COME ON WHEN I OPEN THE DOOR AND TO CONE ON WHEN ONLY THE PARKING LIGHTS ARE ON AND OFF WITH NORMAL LIGHTS ON PLESSE COULD U TELL ME WHAT RELAYS I NEED

1998 Volkswagen Transporter • 268,843 miles

What relays do I need and were should I get power from
Dubbeddave

Half of your question was cut off. You should only need a single 12 Volt relay.
Pins 85 and 86 are switching current. I would get this from the door switches in the door frames.

Pin 30 is power from the battery. Should be fused.
Pin 87 is power to the LEDs.

Rivermikerat
Thanks I want the lights to come on when I open the dar but I also want them to come in with my parking lights and go off when normal driving lights come on? Please help

Dubbeddave
Having them come on when the parking lights are turned on is simply a matter of running a switching lead to the relay from the parking light circuit. You're going to need to install diodes, too, with all these extra functions. One diode per switch lead, so, one from each of the door switches, and one from the parking light circuit.

To turn the LEDs off when the headleights are turned on, you'll need another relay. The headlight circuit will be the switching circuit, Pins 85 & 86. Pin 30 will be the LED power from the first relay. Pin 87 will be blank and Pin 87a will carry power to the LEDs. This way, power in interrupted when power to the headlights is turned on.

Rivermikerat