I NEED TO REPLACE THE POWER WINDOW FUSE

1998 Volkswagen Jetta • 167,000 miles

I have a 98 vr6, the power window controls to all the windows have stopped working I'm assuming its the fuse I have looked at all the diagrams in my manual and online it doesn't give location other than saying it is above the relays in the passenger compartment fuse panel and that its green I can't see up there very well I took pictures with my Iphone there doesn't appear to be anything green up there. Can you give me a better description of the location. I don't want to start pulling fuses up there because it is difficult to get them back in there I know it's an easy fix that I should be able to do myself.
Local360

The power window system uses 2 fuses, one is shared with the back-up lights. Check to see if the back up lights are working. Fuse 14 in the diagram is the backup fuse.

The other fuse is an inline 20 A fuse and not plugged into the fuse box. Look for a fuse holder around the area.

Thanks it was the shared fuse wish my chiltons and owner manual were more clear, when I get new fuse I'll let you know if it worked.

Local360
You can try swapping the fuse with another from the fuse box.

They also had a problem with the tail light circuitry in those. I had one come in that burned the entire wiring harness from front to rear. Very expensive, id recommend NOT using a circuit breaker. They aren't to painful to buy.

Vwscott
Local360, did you get this fixed yet?

Also, IBEW? Local 332 here. And worked in 569, 440,447, and 569 quite a bit.

Rivermikerat