HOW CAN I STOP WATER FROM ACCUMULATING IN THE DASHBOARD WHEN I TURN ON THE A/C?

1998 Toyota Camry • 220,000 miles

Every time I start the a/c a few minutes later I start noticing that under the dashboard starts filling up with water (its inside like a box which already fried my radio cause all the wires get very wet).

This box then fills up I guess, leaks and fills my carpet with water. Another thing I have noticed is that the defrost and feet vent dont work, only the front vents work. All of this started happening almost at the same time. They were working fine, it all happen from one day to another.
Martintf54

There is a condensate drain tube going through the bulkhead that is probably plugged. Check the blend door actuator and connections.

Rivermikerat
Do I have to remove the entire dashboard, could you show me a diagram of what I should be looking for? Thank you : )

Martintf54
Our reference doesn't have a picture. No, you don't need to tear apart the dash. Look in the engine compartment for a tube coming through from the passenger compartment, about halfway down the bulkhead, near the center. Inside the passenger compartment you'll need to look with your fingers because it's tucked up underneath the airbox.

Rivermikerat
Ok. Thank you so much!

Martintf54
My pleasure. Tell your friends about us!

Rivermikerat