POWER STEERING COMES AND GOES.

1998 Toyota Camry • 160,000 miles

Loud squealing when steering wheel is turned hard left or right even when parked. No visible leaks and power steering fluid is full. Also steering fluid has no burn smell or noticeable grit.
Clark8989

Whats squealing the belt?If the belt is squealing the first thing I would check is the belt tenisor.

Not sure if the squeal is coming from the serpentine belt or not. Honestly it does appear like the belt need to be replaced. I was just not sure if that would make the power steering act that way.

Clark8989
If you have a weak/bad belt tenisor and the belt is slipping then it will cause the power steering to cut in and out.

What would be signs of weak/bad tensioner?

Clark8989
A squealing belt so if your belt is squealing and all the pulleys are moving free bad belt tenisor You can also push on it with a wrench and see if it feels weak. Also see if the pulley looks like its out of alignment from the other pulleys.