AC AIRFLOW MODE DOES NOT CHANGE

1998 Toyota Camry • 150,000 miles

98 Camry, ac airflow mode does not change. Now it stays blowing front, can not change to floor or any other mode.
Hidme

If your system uses vacuum controls to move the mode doors, check for a cracked or disconnected vacuum hose on the engine or a restricted check valve near the firewall.

Check the air outlet servomotor. It is most probably stuck and not changing the air mode.

I opened central console and lower panel at drverside. Check the ac mode swith, it looks fine(That thing looks hard to have problem, but the continuity checking is different from manual(I think manaul is wrong, for different model or my car has diferent switch). I still have problem of reaching servomotor. Can anyone give some hint?

Hidme
Look under the dash on the driver's side and look to the right. You may have to remove a hush panel and/or vent tube.

Wrenchtech
You need to remove the air duct # 13 to get at the servomotor.

Thses are the instructions from our database.

Removal & Installation

Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove instrument panel lower finish panel. Remove air duct. Remove air outlet servomotor. To install, reverse removal procedure.

Is yours manual or automatic climate control system? Our database only shows the manual system.

The manual I have is bought from autozone long time ago. It is manaul. It does not metion servomotor.

Hidme
It's a servomotor

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/Wrenchtech/79348966.gif

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/Wrenchtech/79348967.gif

Wrenchtech
Manual system uses a sevomotor as well as the controls are electrical and not by manual linkages.

I finally got it off. It stop at some position when I try to to turn the switch. Is it repairable?

Hidme
You have to determine whether the motor is bad or one of the doors is stuck/broken.

Wrenchtech