MY KEYLESS ENTRY ON MY IS UNLOCKING THE DRIVERS DOOR ON ITS OWN!??

1998 Subaru Outback • 165,000 miles

I recently purchased a 1998 Subaru Outback! Initially, I needed to get new batteries and reprogram the keyless entry, which I thought I successfully did. However, the car seems to mysteriously unlock itself. I thought it might be me accidently hitting the button in my pocket etc. But I have done several tests the last few evenings being very careful to make sure the keyless pad was not touched and yet the drivers side door is unlocked the following morning. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Madtim

There may be a fault in the key fob that is keeping the unlock button on or the drivers door switch may be intermitantly failing. Eventually, the battery will die in the key fob, if it dies within a few months that is the problem as batteries should last years. The door switch will eventually fail completely and not work at all. You will have to unlock and lock it manually if this happens until you replace the switch.