IMPREZE PARKING LIGHTS

1998 Subaru Impreza • 4 cylinder AWD Automatic • 107,000 miles

My girlfriend's 1998 Subaru Impreza Parking Lights came on and won't turn off even after shutting off ignition, turning the lights off manually and removing the key! I saw a similar post by @wsander on the 20th of February. Both the front corner (parking lights) AND the rear tail lights are on full-time now. This was right after I did a tune up where I replaced the air/oil filters and oil, added new oil and oil additive, did a compression test and replaced the spark plugs. The only electrical I touched was the wiring clip to the MAF which I disconnected to move the air intake for access and replaced when I was done. And the washer fluid reservoir which I put back while it was dark and accidentally draped the two sets of wires over the battery clamp-down bolt when I replaced it so the wiring harness that those wires were routed into got pulled up a bit - but it didn't look excessively stressful - the sort of pull you might put on a bundle of wires to move it for access or something. But I'm guessing that has to be the source of my problem. I'm also guessing it is a relay of some sort that is busted or shorted to the always on position, but where do I find it?
Right now I am having to remove the 10A 'lights' fuse every time I leave the car to keep the battery from dying. PLEASE HELP! My girlfriend was super stoked that I changed her oil and tuned her car up but now she suspects that I messed up her electrical and don't know what I'm doing! Help me redeem myself. Thanks!
Climb1028

Also, the regular headlight relay is working just fine - they turn on and off with the ignition. And the brake lights, turn indicators etc. All work.

Climb1028
Check the tail and illumnation relay in fuse and relay box. Try swapping it with others to see if problem goes away. A faulty relay can cause the symptoms indicated.

If the relay is not the cause, then you would have to check the Black/White wire between relay and light switch for shorting to body or a faulty light switch.

Oh man! You are quick sir! Despite it being 6: 30am here in Portland, OR I was up and troubled with my dilemma. So after doing a bit of research and then sending in a donation to 2carpros with my question (for the first time ever) in the hopes it would be answered quickly - I saw the simple solution I couldn't see last night while I was cleaning everything up from the late-night tune-up. The parking light button was switched on. Effin' A! I'm such an idiot! I bet that was @wsander's problem too. I'll go post on his.
Hey 2carpro guys: Any chance I can get my $5 bucks back - Or is there an idiot penalty fee for wasting everybody's time : ) I promise to come back with more donated questions if you refund this one. Or if you don't want to, that's fine, but I DO have a question about my Toyota Tacoma that's getting really bad gas mileage: I'm going to start with the usual tune-up stuff: Air/oil, new plugs, PCV valve, and check tire pressure and other fluids. Any other options (please don't say catalytic converter, I don't want to spend $600 having that replaced!)

Climb1028
Its ok, I will inform the admin to give you a refund.

For the Toyota, get the tune-up done and see how it goes. That should be the starting point.

Have a nice day.

Hey Matt,
No worries, We have voided your donation. We are glad you were able to find the problem and hope we can help you the next time you need any car repair advice. Have a great day.

2CarPros Mike