LOCATING AND CHANGING THE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

1998 Saturn SL1 • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 31,200 miles

Please tell me where the fuel pressure regulator is located on my 1998 Saturn SL1 (4 cylinder SOHC engine)and also how to replace it.
Thank you very much.
Alrichfeld

Please read the answer I posted on the first question you asked. Also to answer your question the fuel pressure regulator on that car is in your fuel filter to replace it you would change the filter. The filter is back by your gas tank. But when the regulator goes bad in them the fuel pressure drops real low and the car has no power it does just affect starting. It runs bad all around. Please read my answer on the first question you posted. It's a cheaper and a lot more likely cause to your problem.

I just change the Coolant Temperature Sensor and everything seems to be working perfectly now. The connector had a little green corrosion in it which I cleaned out with some WD40. I then put some dielectric grease into the tiny holes and onto the contact points on the new sensor to prevent corrosion. Now the temperature guage works and the car starts up without any problems. I can't thank you enough for your help!

Alrichfeld
Your welcome that's what were here for WD40 isn't for cleaning terminal connector's though. When those connector's get corroded I replace them a corroded terminal can throw off the actual temp. You can get those connector's at a pick a part I recommend getting the air inlet connector of the pick a part car it's the same connector just longer lead's and different color wire's. Glad to hear you got it fixed though.

From what I could tell, there was very little corrosion on the connector itself. I bought the sensor at Advance Auto Parts. They don't stock the connector (they said I had to get that from a Saturn dealer)
Since the nearest Saturn dealer is a distance from me, I decided to try using the old connector with the new sensor, and it worked. I think the problem was a bad sensor and not so much a bad connector. However, I will take your advice and purchase a new connector just to be on the safe side. Again, thank you so much for your help!

Alrichfeld
Like I said you could always get one at a pick a part but if it was barely corroded I would let it ride.

From what I can tell, the temperature guage is working normally at this point. I'll definitely take your advice and let it ride for now. I can always replace the connector at a later time if there's a problem.

Alrichfeld
You sure can let me know if you have anymore question's.

I appreciate that very much! Thank you again!

Alrichfeld