COUPE

1998 Renault Megane • 2WD Manual • 81,000 miles

I have a megane 1998 2.0l 16v and all a suden it wont start and the head lights wont come on but high beam will and the drivers side window wont go down and hazerd warning lights wont work or the central locking in the car?
Asdaaaron

Have you checked the fuses in underhood fuse box?
Seems a power suply is missing somewhere.

Checked all the fuses thay seam fine. I phoned a garage up to day and told them about it and thay said because I took the car battery off the imobilser has kicked in and becouse I reconnected the battery its wiped the memory of the ecu and it needs to reset. Do you think this is the case and how much will it cost to fix.

Asdaaaron
Our database does not have information on your vehicle so I am not able to ascertain if the immobilizer is designed to work this way. In the early 90s some vehicle manufacturers did have such features but has since been discontinued.

Did you try using the fob to disarm?
Try locking all doors and using the key to open either of the front doors and use the key to start.

Prices ranges region to region so I am not able to provide any quotes for reprogramming the PCM.