LIGHTING ISSUE HOW TO TROUBLE SHOOT?

1998 Pontiac Trans Am • 12,500 miles

1998 Pontiac Trans Am lighting issue.
Hi guys,
I need some help. I believe I have some sort of wiring problem. So a little back ground.I have a 98 Pontiac Trans Am ( auto ) thats been converted to a M6 6sp ( I paid a shop to do the change) everything worked as it should. Now 3 yrs later my firewall cracked. The steering colum was removed to fix the firewall. Now I have the firewall is fixedly, car is running but. Now I have some issues and could use input.
1. Rear turn signals work / not the front.
2. Hazard lights work in back/ not in front
3. Front park/ DRL do not come on until I turn on the head light switch to the park light position.
4. The low beam lights come on when I turn the head light switch to park light / my head light do not flip up, as they should not with the switch in the park light position. But my head lamps should not be on also.
5. The low beam light goes off when I switch on the high beam ( the lights are in the park light position )
6. Turn the switch to the light on position (thead lamps pop up ) as stated above the low beams are already on. Switch to high beams and there is no change. No high beams. The indicator light is on for high, but no light.
7. The front turn signal do not work ( only the rear ) the dash indicator light flashes as normal
8. The hazard light only work in the rear indicator light flashes as normal

So is there a way to check the DRL module?

So, anyone have any idea of what may be the problem?

Thx
Richard
Richard98

This sounds like a ground isssue. See if you have a ground wire going from battery to engine, engine to body and battery to body. It may have a wire disconnected from engine to body or steering column to body as that was pulled out. Also see if your ground wires are connected on both sides of rad support. Your module cold be bad for the headlight motors but that grounds on therad support so check the body to battery ground

I have already confirmed all the ground wires for the body- battery- engine
I did not find a ground on the colum & the ground wire on each side of the rad support are good also
The module for the headlight to pop up works

Richard98
I'm sending a pic along it has 3 arrows to check, one is fuse theother is the power wire going to the drl module to see if and when it gets power. The thrid is the theft deterrent relay as that powers up the drl and headlights. If not then check the multi switch as it may not have a good connection or the pins are loose is about all I can think of without actually seeing this. Esepcially since the coloumn was pulled out of it.

Thx for your help
I have not received the picture as of yet

Richard98
Sorry I screwed up and didn't send it.

I did check the pwr accy fuse. Ok
I did not locate the theft deterrent relay but. When I arm the car with the remote, the DRL flash and the horn sounds. When the alarm or panic alarm is triggered. The DRL flash and the horn sounds.
I could not tell what the third point is
I checked the mfg location. Turn out my car is made in Canada 07/97
I did check all fuse in the panel All ok

Richard98
The third point is the drl modle which if they blink when you alarm the car then there power going to it. The only oother thing I can think of without actually searching physically for this problem is to check the fusible link in the junction block underhood as well as headlight relays in the underhood fuse box. By the way ALL camaros and firebirds durign the 90's were made in St theres quebec canada.

Checking for issues today. I noticed my fog light did not flash when I unlocked the car. I confirmed I have power going in/out of the fog light switch. The Fog light do not work. I found the DRL module. On the DRL module, there is a small connector w/8 pins labeled with A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H with B pin location Blank. With power on only pin C has pwr. No other pins has an output. The lager connector w/8 pins is labeled with A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H.
With power on. The Lager connector. Pin A & D pwr
with the Rt turn signal on. Pin B & G pwr
with the Lt turn signal on. Pin C & E pwr
with the head lamp switched to park lamp position. Pins A, D, H pwr. I have not located the Fusable Link as of yet.

Thx for your help

Richard98
The fusible link should be at the junction box underhood, the positive battery lead will go right to it. It may be covered with a red plastic cover that opens. It should be very easy to find.

So I had my head light switch turned to the park lamp position.
Low beam lights on. Park lamps on. Fog lamp switch on, but no lights.I turn off the fog light switch. The head lights and park lights cut off. Lol!

Richard98