OVERHEATING

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix • 170,000 miles

What could be the problem to my car overheating, I did a pressure test and the pressure held up. I heard that others have had problems with the intake manifold but I do not know if mine has that problem. What should I try or check?
Charlie1229

Did you check/test the thermostat-if not do it and also check the water pump if its pumping coolant thruout the egnine if okay-get a chemical tester and check for combustion leak

The thermostat seems to be working, how do I check the water pump?

Charlie1229
If the t-stat is working, flush the system and also, make sure there are no collapsed hoses.

What all hoses do I have to look for besides the ones going to, and coming from, the radiator?

Charlie1229
Also I think I have a coolant leak and thats why it is overheating, but I have no idea where it could be coming from since the pressure test held up

Charlie1229
What motor do you have

Mikederouin88
I have the 3.8 but not the super charged

Charlie1229
There are two plastic elbows by the tension pulley that commonly leak on that motor you can buy them off the help isle at any parts store.

Mikederouin88
Are they by each other because I've changed one of them before but I do not know where the other one is

Charlie1229
They are right by each other. When u buy them they should come together. And when they leak it burns off the monifold before it hits the ground.

Mikederouin88