CAR IS MAKING SQUEALING NOISE

1998 Pontiac Bonneville • 240,000 miles

My car is making a squealing noise every time I drive it or start it
Ray9191

First thing that comes to mind is the serpentine belt, have you checked this?

PROTECH1980
Can't really hear it over a computer but serpentine belts are a common cause of a squeal. Check it for proper tightness, (with the engine not running of course). Also try dribbling a little water on the smooth back side while the engine is running and the noise is occurring. If the noise changes, pulley misalignment or a worn belt are the likely suspects along with a spring-loaded tensioner that is rusted tight in the released position.

Don't use any type of belt dressing on serpentine belts. Even in the rare event it quiets the noise for a little while, dirt will stick to it making the noise even worse.

Yeah I have check the belt it looks good I thought it might be the pulley

Ray9191
Take the belt off, hand spin all pulleys to try pinpoint noise, Also with belt removed, start car (just for a few seconds) make sure noise is gone, then you have it narrowed done to belt or belt driven accessory.

PROTECH1980