RIGHT DIRECTIONAL LIGHTS BUT DOES NOT FLASH

1998 Plymouth Voyager • 16,000 miles

1998 Plymouth Voyager. No accidents, no damage, rust or prior electrical problems. Car is in otherwise excellent condition.

Left directional and emergency flasher 100% fine.
Right directional front rear and dash indicator flash only once then stops unlit.
If I turn on hazard flasher none of the lights on the right flash or light at all.
If I then try the right directional it does not flash once. After a while it will flash once again.
As a cheap precaution I changed front and rear bulbs. No change.
I unplugged and reseated the directional and hazard relays. No change.
I assume it is not the multi-function switch since it lights for the first flash.
I always understood the directional relay is the same for both sides. Can it be marginal and the increased wire resistance to the right side is enough to make it fail?
Kaufmand

I would look at the connector at the turn signal switch. If it is ok, then most likely the switch has failed.

I assume you mean the multi function switch on the column. If the switch is not making contact then why does it flash once ( all lights) then stop? Does the connection for the hazard lights travel through the switch? Becaust when hazard is on no lights go on at all.

Kaufmand
Yes, the multifunction switch is part of the turn signal switch. The single flash could be the contacts inside the switch and yes, the connection for the hazards goes through the switch as well.

Multifunction switch was $120.00. Turn signal relay was $65.00. The turn signal relay had 9 contacts not 5 so clearly it had one relay for left and one for right. I replaced it and sure enough this was the problem.

Although you did not nail it, thanks for your support any way. Problem solved.

Kaufmand
Hard to nail without me doing the testing. Glad you got it