I HAVE 160 DOHC,WHEN DRIVING AND I WANT BRAKE,REVS COME DOWN AND CAR STALLS?

1998 Nissan Sentra • 300,000 miles

I have sentra 160 DOHC, when driving and I want brake, revs come down and car stalls?
Djtayer

First eliminate all vacuum or air leaks in the system. You may have a bad IAC ( idle air control) but try cleaning the throttle body first. Remove the intake snorkel, have someone hold the throttle wide open for you and scrub the back side of the throttle plate and surrounding bore with an old tooth brush and some carb cleaner. Be sure to spray some into the small holes next to the throttle plate. That should help stabilize the idle. If it still has a problem, replace the IAC.

Wrenchtech
Thanks, how do I replace IAC?

Djtayer
Do the other stuff first and then worry about that.

Wrenchtech
Hi, did what you told me to do, still the same. What now?

Djtayer
There are no specific instructions for changing the IAC. It's held in by a couple bolts.

Wrenchtech
Thank you, it worked. Now there's a new problem fuel consumption seems to be a lot, idling is at 2000 rpms, is this normal, I changed the fuel filter, the carburator is okay.

Djtayer
Look for vacuum leaks

Wrenchtech
Okay thanks, I know it's a vacuum leak, but where do I start?

Djtayer