NISSAN MAXIMA AIR BAG PROBLEM

1998 Nissan Maxima • 104 miles

Have the blinking air bag thing going on. Wont reset. Diagnostic mode reveals code 21 which I believe is the paaenger sid air bag. I was informed from the previous owner that they had the mirror fixed on that door. Is it possible that something happened during the mirror replacement that tripped the air bag sensor in the door?
Youngbek318

21 not a restraint code how was code obtained?

Docfixit
I say 21 as when putting the light in diagnostic mode with the door ajar switch the blinking goes from a steady blink to to 2 long and 1 short blink. I read some where that the long ones are the first digit and the short ones are the second but I also read that you just count the short ones in which case it would be code 1 Im guessing.

Youngbek318
Yes Code 1 pass side air bag most likely wiring fault possible short. Not sure mirror repair would have been cause but could have caused damage to satellite sensor on that side. Inspect wiring to bag look for any damage disarm air bag system use OHM meter to check wiring

Docfixit
Thanks. I mentioned the mirror because they said they took the door panel off when they did it and the side air bag is in the door.

Youngbek318