NISSAN 200SX GAS PROBLEM

1998 Nissan 200SX • 85,000 miles

My car has always lost oil and no one can seem to find out why. After 15 years my mechanic replaced the front crank gasket, oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket. After driving 1500 miles, I had lost 2 quarts of oil. There are no signs of a leak and no smoke when driving.
Lindalowmanmills

What does Nissan say? BMW has cars that BMW is OK with using 1 to 1.5 litres of oil in 1000 miles so I am not sure where your comfort zone is.

Dr. Hagerty
My little Nissan should not lose any oil in 1500 miles, or if any, minute amounts only. Unfortunately, this last time it seemed to lose 2 quarts quickly. Currently, I am driving it with a dye in the oil to look for any leaks or anomolies. I don't expect much to show up. I would be elated if a leak or cause was found and it could be fixed.

Lindalowmanmills
It may not be leaking oil, it might be consuming the oil internally. The BMW cars I am familiar with dont show any signs of oil loss, nor do they smoke. But the oil goes away just the same.

Dr. Hagerty