WHAT IS THE P1600 CODE MEAN AND HOW TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM BASE ON INFORMATION BELOW AND THIS CODE?

1998 Mitsubishi Montero

My 1998 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Jeep, V6 engine, start but when I put my foot on the gas the jeep would not move. When I turn the car on and immediately press the gas the car move then stop and cannot move but the car is still on. The fuel pump was change today, but after a code come up as follows: P1600 code What does this mean and how can I fix this in full detail?

Change the fuel pump, but afterwards a P1600 code comes up. At first the battery was not charging or the battery was basically dead that I take out
Turnqudi

1600 serial communication link malfunction problem in transmission. Need to check for codes can be done usoing oil temp light on dash and data link plug see diagrams ground turn key to on DO NOT start oil temp light will flash count flashes
so flash pause flash =11. Post code will advise

Docfixit