ENGINE WON'T CRANK

1998 Mitsubishi Diamante • 142,000 miles

I have a Mitsubishi Diamante (1998) it will not crank. I have tried charging the battery. There is a spark at the starter motor because I tried jumping it with a screwdriver. I have good power to the radio, and lights. When I do try to crank it and let off the switch I get a clicking sound where the relay fuse or switch is. I'm at a loss with this. If it is the starter, how do I get the dang thing out ! I only see one bolt and I'm sure there is more. Please reply. Thanks
Kurtrohwedder

Check the little wire on the starter for power in the start position of the key.

Crossing the big terminals will work but is uncontrolled.

Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

I don't have a multimeter to test things out yet. If I buy a cheap test meter will this work? I'm just trying to pin this down so I won't have to buy a bunch of useless parts that I don't need.

Kurtrohwedder
Thats why you need a multimeter so we can test things so we dont buy parts we dont need. Yes a cheap meter will work.