DOOR LOCK VACUUM PUMP LOCATION ON '98 MB

1998 Mercedes Benz S500

Trying to locate the door lock vacuum pump on '98 MB s500, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you: )
Ljp3972

As you didn't mark what engine you have i'm taking it that this is a diesel as that is the only vacuum pump I can find the rest are air pumps. They are both on the front of engine. I'm sending diagrams.

Thank you so much for your quick response. I am sorry I should have asked what may be wrong instead of thinking I had found the right part with all the research I had done. The '98 MB S500 is not diesel. None of the doors will lock automatically while driving (when this feature is engaged) or manually, the trunk will lock manual. But the only way to get it to stay closed is if you slam it down and hold it while some mechanism latches it - (I hear something in there turning to latch it). Do you name the name of the part I should be checking out and where it is located? Thank you in advance and I will be happy to donate$$!

Ljp3972
Is this what you mean? Pic enclosed

Does that part work all the doors and trunk? It seems to me like it is some kind of part that is supposed to function and work the door locks up and down and/or another part to help work the trunk to close shut on it's own - maybe it is two different issues. But the trunk has it's issue not closing on its own and the other issue is if I put the key in any door and turn it to lock or unlock nothing happens - the locks will not go up or down.

Ljp3972
That is the actuator for the trunk onlythere is another part that is the module /pump for the locksand trunk. I've sent a picture of all the components. There are two of the control unit which is in the center of the car. However there are micro switches and other things that have to be adjusted properly and I would not reccomend you doing this as I dont' know your skill level. This is something better left to the pros to do.

Hi, is there any way you can send me the picture to my email? I checked the center oI have a if the car the vacuum or compressor seems to be working but I still don't understand why the trunk won't close and doors won't close like they used to? Do you think it is the trunk actuator? I have a 98 Mercedes s500 gasoline thank you

Johnc9728
Picture of what?

The previous picture before my comment.

Johnc9728