LINCOLN NAVIGATOR TIRE PROBLEM

1998 Lincoln Navigator • 130,000 miles

My navi was making a sqeeky noise for a day but went away then coming around the corner to my house started making a thumping sound as if I had a flat tire but tires are not and when I turn the key over before starting it the brake light blinks and makes a softclicking noise above driver side tire any ideas of what it might be im in need of great advice : ) thank you!

Squeaks and clunks must never be ignored on a Ford product. Since the mid '70s they have had more steering and suspension part failures leading to loss of control and crashes than all other manufacturers combined. Most commonly squeaks and creaks are caused by worn load-carrying ball joints that are about to separate. Given the additional symptoms, you may have a broken belt in a tire. Typically that won't lead to a blowout right away but it must not be ignored either. The best approach is to have the steering and suspension systems inspected at a tire and alignment shop. If they find everything to be okay, I'll breathe easier.