98 READS P0171&P014

1998 Lincoln Continental • 129,300 miles

The lincoln reads codes p017&p014, but avey one keep taleing me my transmisson is bad. I had the fluid changed today. Like I said it starts up good egine sounds good, shiffs good all gears even drives in 1&2 good. Then when you goo to put it in drive or revars it jarks, the wheels feel like they"ll lock up on you for a moment. An when you hit the gas it feels like it wont wont to move like its not geting power or no gas. Pleas help me I do not wont to spen money on stuff I dont need done to it. An the old transmisson fluid was dark an I know thats not good. Thank for your help.
Tturner 72

Your transmission could be on its way out-P0171 is a lean fuel condition could be caused by the following: 1. Vacuum leaks

2. EGR and PCV valve.

3. Low fuel pressure.

4. Dirty fuel injectors.

5. Mass Air Flow Sensor.

6. Oxygen Sensor

Do you think one of six of thes causes can be the resean why its acting up an not the transmisson.

Tturner 72
You need to check and test everyone of them